The 20th century marks an extraordinary increase in women entrepreneurs. Even home based mothers stepped into the money making industry, offering services through online platforms. Quite a number of major enterprises in the world are now governed by women that are indisputably turning them into fastest growing businesses by coming up with annual income that is worth millions.
Where all of this progression encourages common women to embark their own journey in the business world, the businesswomen of today still have some important tips to offer regarding a few common issues newbie’s are likely to face.
Tip #1: Challenging Social Expectations
One of the hardest jobs for female entrepreneurs during business meetings is to face the male audience. In such scenarios, a woman automatically presumes that she has to carry a manly attitude in order to communicate or give speech among other male industrialists.
- Do not adopt an aggressive, competitive, and stereotypical harsh attitude like men in order to survive between male executives. Create your own style in a feminine way. If you have the skill, you will definitely survive.
- As a new businessperson, you should smart enough to know what questions would come up by your fellow businessmen once you are up on the stage.
- Most importantly, make sure to introduce yourself confidently and make new connections with other elite business networks.
- You should have a rock-solid business case backing you when you put your ideas in front of others.
Tip #2: Balancing Family with Work
Being a mom at home and a boss at office is very challenging, but there are many mothers who are successful businesswomen.
- Be realistic in order to balance your work life with your family. Do not make promises you cannot keep. No matter how much time you are getting free, put it aside and dedicate it for your family only. When you finally get time with your family, keep yourself completely away from office work. This includes not checking emails and receiving business calls.
- Startup entrepreneurial life is always challenging and slow paced. Communicate with your family and request them to be patient until you adjust yourself completely on the path you have chosen. Do not get frustrated and end up fighting, it will only make things worse.
- Communication is a key to building trust and understanding. Therefore, you need to keep your family updated with your day-to-day struggle, ongoing project, mishaps, as well as your future goals.
Tip #3: Overcoming Self-Doubts
Naturally, women are more prone to think of failure in general than men. Most importantly, comparing oneself with men is one of the mistakes that women make in their business life. When you have doubt, make a habit of calculating and recalculating the scenario and demand.
- Remember that success always comes when you learn through mistakes and failures. It is best to get rid of the products and plans that are not buying you any productivity.
- Easy ways to ward off failure is by changing your strategies completely, and ask your team to come up with new ideas, better than your competitors.
- Consult with your lawyer and business partners, if you have any, to make sure that you are not putting your business in danger again by taking things fast. Wait for the right moment to introduce your new policies.
Tip #4: Getting the Funds
- A simple way of getting funds is by building great business plans and a working team to impress the investors. This might sound a bit clichéd but investors always dig for strategies that they find intriguing and groundbreaking.
- Also, getting female investors to invest on your business is a great step too. A lot of female investors are ready to help other females to set their feet in the entrepreneur world, because they understand gender biasness like you.
Overall, in order to overcome any difficulty that you might face in the growth of your business, having faith in yourself and enough confidence to keep your head up right are a must for every woman.