The Meaning of Tarot Cards
Interpreting Tarot Cards is something which takes significant practice and a certain amount of reading up. While many people prefer to read their own decks, there are others who prefer experts to read their decks. Sometimes, it is just not possible to schedule a reading, especially before a major decision must be made or when an unforeseen event has occurred. Owing to this, it always helps to have a general idea of what Tarot Cards mean, thus helping you interpret them whenever needed.
Firstly, Tarot Cards can be divided into Major Arcanas and Minor Arcanas. The former, as is evident by the name, represents the major events in your life. They have the power to indicate an important change, and it is essential to give them attention when they are part of your deck. The Minor Arcanas are also similar in importance. While the Major Arcanas indicate major events in your life, the former will help you navigate through life on a day to day basis, along with helping you understand the meaning of the Major Arcana cards.
As these cards focus on a major part of our life, let us pay close attention to them first. There are 22 cards which come under this category, with each depicting a different thing:
- The Fool- Indicating innocence or a childlike existence, this card encourages you to begin a new chapter of your life with minimal inhibitions.
- The Magician- This card indicates that you are master of your own Fate, telling you that your skills and powers are enough.
- The High Priestess- This card may seem like one which indicates mystery, and it also pushes you to rely on your intuition.
- The Empress- This card symbolizes motherhood, in any form, and is a positive card.
- The Emperor- Like the above-mentioned card, this one indicates fatherhood. It symbolizes an ordered and structured existence.
Like the Major Arcanas, these also have various meanings. They are significantly greater in number compared to the former- making a total of 56 cards, which are divided into the Suit of Cups, Pentacles, Wands and Swords. Each of these suits has different meanings, and interpreting them correctly is just as important as interpreting the Major cards.
For further information on these cards, you can get more information and make sure that your journey into Tarot Card reading is one which gives the right results.